Bed bug control experts servicing The Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Maclean, Yamba and Iluka.
Call us today.
Bed bug treatment
Bedbugs are disgusting! If you have had bed bug issues before or are currently seeing them in your bed frame or mattress I guarantee you won’t be sleeping at all! In some cases, if the infestation is bad they can cause adverse health effects such as rashes, bites and allergic symptoms.
What are Bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small, wingless insects in the genus Cimex. Bed bugs are found all over the world and populations have exploded in Australia in recent years. They are nocturnal parasites, which means they rest during the day and are active at night. However, bed bugs are opportunistic and will bite in the day especially if starved for some time. They feed on the blood of humans. Bedbugs prefer to hide in bedding mattresses or furniture such as bed frames where they have ready access to a source of food.
Bed bug facts
- Bedbugs love to travel. They can spread and hitch a ride in your clothing or luggage.
- They like 3 meals a day!
- A bed bug’s saliva contains an anesthetic, which means they can bite you without disturbing you, which is why you can’t feel being bitten.
- A female bedbug can lay 500 eggs in her lifetime.
- Bedbugs can survive up to 5 months without feeding if the conditions are right.
Bed bugs are commonly mistaken for other insects such as mites or in some cases a personal health issue. It is important to identify that there is, in fact, a bed bug problem before any treatment is carried out. An inspection is the most important part of any bed bug treatment. A trained eye and knowledge of where to look will enable anyone to find them.
Identifying Bed Bugs
Bed bug control methods
- Apply residual surface spray with a residual chemical that will disrupt the life cycle.
- Apply crack and crevice treatment using approved products.
- Dusting areas where infestations of hiding places exist.
- Hot washing clothes and curtains.
- Heat treating infested items and areas.
- Cleaning carpets.
If you are experiencing bed bug issues, Please feel free to call us today. We provide bed bug control to both residential and commercial buildings. Our team is experts in dealing with pests and we provide a guarantee on all our services.
The Clarence Valley, Grafton, Ulmarra, Tyndale, Tucabia, Yamba, Maclean, Brushgrove, Iluka, Woombah, Coutts Crossing, Nymboida, Woolgoolga, Emerald Beach, Saphire Beach, Coffs Harbour, Nana Glen.
Call us today.