Bee control experts servicing The Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Maclean, Yamba and Iluka.
Call us today.
Bees are scary! If you have had a beehive around your house before or are currently seeing one you can’t but help but avoid the area! In some cases, if the nest is disturbed they will give you a nasty sting! Although bees are freaky, Bees play a vital role in our environment by pollinating plants.
Australia’s early European settlers introduced Honey Bees for the supply of honey. Honey bees are variable in color but are usually brown and dull yellow banded with a brown abdomen.
Our company does not control bees unless the hive cannot be removed and unless it is an introduced species such as the European Bee. We do not apply pest control products to native bees.
What are bees?
Bees are flying insects closely related to wasps and ants, known for their role in pollination and, in the case of the best-known bee species, the western honey bee, for producing honey and beeswax.
- The honey bee’s wings stroke incredibly fast, about 200 beats per second.
- Honey bees live in hives or colonies.
- Honey bees are important pollinators for flowers, fruits, and vegetables.
- If the queen bee dies the workers will create a new queen by selecting the newly hatched baby insects and feeding food called “royal jelly“.
- They fly at a speed of around 25km per hour.
- Bees are in decline due to a range of factors. We should limit controlling them, however, adapt to removal instead.
European Honey Bee – The European Honey Bee is classed as a pest species. Introduced into Australia during the first settlers, these bees can now sometimes be found invading houses and creating hives in areas such as eaves, wall cavities and so forth. It is best to have the hive removed if possible however products can be applied as a last resort.
Bee removal can be carried out by a local beekeeper. A beekeeper in some instances can be called and will remove the hive free of charge. If the beehive requires a treatment it is up to the homeowner to remove the hive as if it is left in the wall cavity it will rot and stink after time.
Bee control methods
- Call a local beekeeper to remove the hive.
- Dust areas where a hive exists and cannot be removed.
- Keeping foliage cut back off external walls and gardens minimal.
If you are experiencing bee issues, Please feel free to call us today. We provide bee control to both residential and commercial buildings. Our team is experts in dealing with pests and we provide a guarantee on all our services.
The Clarence Valley, Grafton, Ulmarra, Tyndale, Tucabia, Yamba, Maclean, Brushgrove, Iluka, Woombah, Coutts Crossing, Nymboida, Woolgoolga, Emerald Beach, Saphire Beach, Coffs Harbour, Nana Glen.