Spider Control experts servicing The Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Maclean, Yamba and Iluka.
Call us today.
Spiders are freaky! If you have had spider issues before or are currently seeing them in your house you can’t but help thinking about them crawling around when you are asleep! In some cases, if the infestation is bad in the case of red backs they will be hiding just about everywhere!
What are spiders?
Spiders are air-breathing arthropods that have eight legs and chelicerae with fangs that inject venom. Spiders intend to incite fear and phobias for people due to the fact they can bite and cause pain or death. It’s common knowledge that we have some of the most venomous spiders in the world, however, Australia’s spider reputation is bigger than its bite. In April 2016 was the country’s first recorded spider-caused death since 1981. Spiders can be easily controlled by implementing a pest control program annually.
- Spiders are arachnids, not insects.
- Spiders have 8 legs while insects have 6.
- Spiders are found on every continent except Antarctica.
- An estimated 1 million spiders live in one acre of land. The number might be closer to 3 million in the tropics. It is estimated that a human is never more than 10 feet away from a spider ever.
- All spiders spin silk, but not all spiders spin webs.
- The venom of the black widow spider attacks nerves by blocking their signals to the muscles, which causes the muscles to contract repeatedly and often painfully. Black widow bites can also cause other nerve-related problems, such as high blood pressure, restlessness, and severe facial spasms.
- The funnel web spider is an aggressive spider that attacks and bites people. Its poison has been known to kill in just 15 minutes. Fortunately, there is an anti-venom, and deaths from this spider are now rare.
- A strand of spider silk long enough to encircle Earth would weigh just over a pound.
4 Types of common Australian spiders
Redback spider – Mainly nocturnal, the female redback lives in an untidy web in warm sheltered locations commonly near or inside human residences such as pot plants, garage doors, Tin sheds and so forth. It preys on insects, spiders and small vertebrates that become ensnared in its web. Redbacks are highly venomous to humans.
Wolf spider – Wolf Spiders are found all throughout Australia. They are robust, agile hunters that live on the ground in leaf litter or burrows. They are often found in lawns and gardens, under eaves and awnings. Symptoms of a Wolf spider bite are usually minor, restricted to local pain or itchiness.
Daddy Longlegs – Originally introduced from Europe. The bite of Daddy long-legs spider is not considered dangerous to human health. Often found in the house, laundry, garage and sheds and in-wall corners and ceilings. Daddy-long-legs spiders eat Redback and other spiders.
Brown House Spider – Called cupboard spiders, Are one of the most common spiders found in Australian homes. They are nonvenomous however are a nuisance by creating unsightly sheet webs inside your home.
The most important process is maintaining a spider free environment is with an annual pest control plan in place. This will generally keep houses spider free for 12 months. Some establishments may require more frequent treatments to control spiders including schools, day care centers, outdoor venues and so forth.
Spider control methods
- Apply residual surface spray with a residual chemical that will knock down.
- Apply crack and crevice treatment using approved products.
- Dusting areas where infestations of hiding places exist including roof voids.
- Pressure cleaning external areas.
- Keeping foliage off external walls.
- Sealing entry points.
If you are experiencing spider issues, Please feel free to call us today. We provide spider control to both residential and commercial buildings. Our team is experts in dealing with pests and we provide a guarantee on all our services.
The Clarence Valley, Grafton, Ulmarra, Tyndale, Tucabia, Yamba, Maclean, Brushgrove, Iluka, Woombah, Coutts Crossing, Nymboida, Woolgoolga, Emerald Beach, Saphire Beach, Coffs Harbour, Nana Glen.
Call us today.