Wasp Control experts servicing The Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Maclean, Yamba and Iluka.
Call us today.
Wasps are scary! If you have had wasp nests around your house before or are currently seeing them under the eaves of in the gardens you can’t but help but avoid the area! In some cases, if the nest is disturbed they will give you a nasty sting!
What are wasps?
Out of 10,000 wasp species, only a few species of wasps can become pests in urban areas and pose a threat from stinging, such as the introduced European wasp which can be aggressive when a nest is disturbed. European or paper wasps create cardboard honeycomb-like nests. European wasps are very aggressive when disturbed.
- The venom in wasps contains a pheromone that causes other wasps to become aggressive.
- Wasps don’t swarm
- Throughout winter, The queen is the only wasp to survive.
- A wasp sting generally lasts for 24hours however some people may experience anaphylactic shock.
- A male wasp is called a drone.
European Wasps are more aggressive than bees and will attack when their nests are disturbed. Unlike bees, wasps can sting more than once, and do not die after stinging.
The sting of a wasp causes a burning pain and swelling.
Paper wasp nests are commonly found under eaves of houses, sometimes under house reels, meter boxes or in garden hedges. The nests are constructed with fibres from dead wood and plant stems, which they mix with saliva, and use to construct water-resistant nests made of grey or brown papery material
A wasp nest should be treated prior to removal. We use products that can basically freeze the wasps to prevent disruption and aggression.
Wasps prevention can be achieved by applying a residual chemical to known areas where wasps tend to build nests. This includes under eaves, And around the external areas of the structure. An annual pest control treatment will generally maintain a Wasp free environment.
Wasp control methods
- Apply residual surface spray to known external areas where wasps may nest.
- Apply crack and crevice treatment using approved products.
- Dusting areas where infestations of hiding places exist including roof voids.
- Keeping foliage cut back off external walls and gardens minimal.
If you are experiencing wasp issues, Please feel free to call us today. We provide wasp control to both residential and commercial buildings. Our team is experts in dealing with pests and we provide a guarantee on all our services.
The Clarence Valley, Grafton, Ulmarra, Tyndale, Tucabia, Yamba, Maclean, Brushgrove, Iluka, Woombah, Coutts Crossing, Nymboida, Woolgoolga, Emerald Beach, Saphire Beach, Coffs Harbour, Nana Glen.
Call us today.