Flea treatment experts servicing The Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Maclean, Yamba and Iluka.
Call us today.
Fleas are irritating! If you have had flea issues before or are currently getting bitten by fleas I’m sure you are just about fed up with it! In some cases, if the flea infestation is bad they can cause adverse health effects such as rashes, bites and allergic symptoms.
What are Fleas?
Fleas are small flightless insects that form the order Siphonaptera. As external parasites of mammals and birds, they live by consuming the blood of their hosts. Adults are up to about 3 mm long and usually brown. Fleas generally are the result of pets. Fleas are the number one cause of skin disease in pets and can cause problems ranging from simple itchiness to weeping sores, scaly skin, and a strong smell.
- Fleas can jump 150 times their own length.
- The most common species is the cat flea, which often feasts on cats, dogs, and humans.
- Fleas do not fly. Instead, they jump from one place to another.
- A female flea can lay up to 50 eggs per day.
One of the first signs of a flea infestation is that your pet and people in the house will be scratching and seem quite irritated. On closer examination, you could find adult fleas in the coat or at the base of the fur on the skin, You may even find fleas in the carpet or furnishings. Flea dirt may also be visible that looks like small black specks of grit, similar to finely ground pepper. This is actually digested dried blood.
Maintaining a flea free home
It is important to ensure your pets are washed and have had a flea treatment regularly. Don’t just groom the pets, It is important to ensure internal and external areas are groomed for fleas. Flea collars and many products are available from pet supply stores. An annual pest control plan can also help in preventing flea issues.
Flea control methods
- Apply residual surface spray with a residual chemical that will disrupt the life cycle to external and internal areas including carpets.
- Apply crack and crevice treatment using approved products.
- Dusting areas where infestations of hiding places exist.
- Cleaning carpets.
- Having pets washed regularly, groomed and flea treated.
If you are experiencing flea issues, Please feel free to call us today. We provide flea treatments to both residential and commercial buildings. Our team is experts in dealing with pests and we provide a guarantee on all our services.
The Clarence Valley, Grafton, Ulmarra, Tyndale, Tucabia, Yamba, Maclean, Brushgrove, Iluka, Woombah, Coutts Crossing, Nymboyda, Woolgoolga, Emerald Beach, Saphire Beach, Coffs Harbour, Nana Glen.
Call us today.